- Topmarx deals on average with between fifty and a hundred buildings insurance claims per week. These claims need to be well managed and co-ordinated in order for us to stay within the stringent service levels dictated by the insurance industry.
What can I expect next when I inform my insurance company that I want to make a claim?
- Once insurers have received your claim, they will send the details through to us. Depending upon the size or nature of the claim this will sometimes go via a Loss Adjuster. We will then make an appointment for a surveyor to visit and assess the damage between the hours of 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
- During the appointment our surveyor will take photographs of the damage along with measurements and all other relevant details of the damage in order for your insurance company to validate the claim.
- Your insurance company will then validate your claim, and if accepted, will authorise us to make arrangements to carry out the works.
- You will receive a letter from us giving dates when tradesmen will be visiting to carry out works along with details of the work to be performed. A completion form will also be included for you to sign when the works are complete. At this point you will be asked to pay any excess which applies to your policy. If for any reason the work is not carried out you will receive a full refund for the excess.
- Once you receive the documentation you will need to contact us to agree the dates and give us any specific details for access arrangements if you are not planning to be at home on the day we are due to start.
- You must remove any furniture and personal belongings from the rooms to be worked in. We will protect carpets and flooring. Arrangements will need to be made for pets to be kept away from the work area.
- All works will be completed by our polite and courteous, qualified tradesmen between the hours of 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
- You and your home will be treated with all due care and consideration. However, all our operations are fully insured to cover any eventuality whilst we are working in your home.
- On smaller claims the original surveyor will manage the progress of works, although there will always be a member of support staff on hand to answer your questions. On larger or more complex claims a supervisor will be allocated to oversee works and will be your first point of contact.
- You will need to choose any special order or long delivery items. You will be advised of this once works have been authorised.
- Topmarx has an outstanding reputation and a very low complaint ratio. If you do have any issues regarding service or quality of work you should, in the first instance, direct these to the surveyor or supervisor responsible for your claim who will be happy to resolve them for you. Remember that our customer support staff are on hand to assist in the smooth running of claims and will be able to answer most of your questions.
Completion of works
Once works are complete you will be required to hand a signed completion certificate to our tradesman which you will already have received. This activates a guarantee that will cover materials and workmanship for a period of twelve months from the date of completion. Should you have any problems with any of work in this period you should call our office.